Saturday, March 25, 2023

Bloody Ending II Touch-Ups

 I've done a few enhancements to my Bloody Ending II bust, made from a stunt-mold mask from the production of Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. I went for the heavily shadowed paint job that Kevin Yagher chose for the original stunt pieces, while adding some His Unlucky Day-inspired touches of realism, with blemishes and depth in the skin. The results are below.These are easily the best photos I've taken of this piece, and I'm happy to finally have them up.



Here's Yagher with the original stunt heads he painted for the film in 1984. The shadowy paint job gives Jason a bit of a "zombie" appearance.

Despite being a couple generations removed from the movie mold, you can see here the detail on the Bloody Ending II is pretty high-fidelity to the original.

6 comments:

  1. What is the size of this thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jason, I seriously need to get my arse in gear and finish mine. I had Savini sign it and was preparing to send it to Ted when he popped off. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the most accurate finishing on one of these, to date. Simply an incredible job. Wow.

    ReplyDelete