Monday, December 12, 2022

Jason Unmasked in "Freddy vs. Jason"

For a third post in our Freddy vs. Jason series, here's the only behind-the-scenes shot I've ever seen of Ken Kirzinger in full face makeup. It's from the ambulance scene, where Kelly Rowland has to pull Jason's mask up to give him CPR. Pretty good facial design, so it's a shame we didn't see all of it on film. I found this on Facebook, can't remember the source except that it was a photo of a photo that was printed on paper, so it may have been something Ken was selling at a convention. Someone correct me if you know the source.



4 comments:

  1. I remember a low quality, black and white version of this shot floating around the web for years. Fans were teetering on the side of it being fake due to the presence of alternate makeup designs. Though seeing the image in full color and uncropped decidedly solves that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following up this query! It wasn't until around this year that I realize there wasn't much to go on in freely available sources.

    The aesthetics behind each Jason design is honestly worthy of a documentary, as I remember in your old post on each movie Jason design makeup that Part two deviated using a Dick Smith Quasimodo design from a book. Looking it up it's a dead ringer, but I'm curious where that specification came from.

    I've seen mentions of Smith suggesting a role on set as creative consultant or aid,but never the Quasimodo specification.

    ReplyDelete