Monday, July 29, 2019

Notes From the Set of "Voorhees"


Last Friday night I was once again on the set of "Voorhees" as it wrapped up the final scene of major shooting. I'm told that aside from a few pickup shots, the film is done being shot. Cody Faulk reported recently on Facebook earlier today that he is done editing the first act, so despite some setbacks, progress remains solid.

Shooting ran from around 8 PM until 2 AM in the middle of nowhere and the location is ultra-creepy: remote, rural and eerily quiet, with some very dense forest. Last time I was on set we heard a pack of coyotes howling in the distance, although this time the insects were a bigger aggravation. The guy playing Jason (whose identity will be secret until the final credits roll) is very large--roughly Derek Mears sized-- and when he first gets into costume its slightly terrifying, even to an old fan like myself.

The shoot I witnessed and participated in leads me to believe this will probably be the most brutal of the Jason Voorhees fan films currently being produced. I don't want to reveal too much, but I will say "Voorhees" could be the film John Carl Buechler wanted Part 7 to be.

After the movie goes live on YouTube, I'll be writing here a bit more about my role in the film, and why I've been invited to shoots--until then, I hope you're as excited as I am.

1 comment:

  1. Halloween night 2020 the world will witness how much of a monster Jason is in this film.

    ReplyDelete