Monday, October 25, 2010

Red 7 paintup








By far my most accurate part 7 and on the most accurate possible blank, I'm real pleased with how this one came out. I was surprised with how detailed the texture was on the surface of the Red 7, those effects guys really sanded the hell out of the screen mask, probably so that thin washes could really bring out the detail. Thanks to Mario Kirner for offering the Red 7 to the community, hopefully I can get one in the future (this paintup is for a friend).

By the way, here is the screen mask...

4 comments:

  1. which one did you wear for halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go out for Halloween, except to do a DC ghost tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what paints did you use to achieve this beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just custom mixed some standard acrylic paints. The basecoat was a very light gray, I think the weathering was a mix of raw umber and a touch of red, maybe a bit of white or tan to lighten it. The tri is just a mix of black and red.

    ReplyDelete