Tuesday, April 24, 2018

"Death Has Come to Your Little Town, Sheriff."


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

D.I.Y. Kirk blank and hair by Martin Pena. All other work by me. I went with a subtle H1 look with pretty minimal weathering. Love how it came out.

Here is the same mask as a blank.


For non-Myers collectors, the D.I.Y. ("Do It Yourself") is a retool of a mask known as the "Medley Kirk"-- an original 1975 Captain Kirk mask owned by the Medleys. The Medley Kirk came out of the same mold as the Michael Myers mask used in the first Halloween movie. I wanted an H1 with lineage to the original, rather than a fan sculpt. This mask really hits all the marks. You can get one from Martin if you hit him up on Facebook.
The Medley Kirk

For anyone interested, I'm considering taking Myers commissions! I can't currently re-hair, but I can do Kirk conversions from the eye cuts on up just as you see here. Estimated turn around time for a conversion would be about 6-8 weeks. Comment below with contact info or hit me up on Facebook (Jason Farrell) or MM.net (Jasonlivessince1980).
And here I added some weathering and other alterations...


6 comments:

  1. Christhe13th138@gmail.com
    Very interested in one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Martin do a complete screen accurate H2 edition! Can’t wait to share it! This is the closest you can get to a Kirk, H1, or H2 imo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! It's definitely a great piece, have yet to take a really definitive picture of my finished one. Will probably get the new TOTS H2018 mask too.

      Delete
  3. Great Piece... I assume size is super accurate to the hero as well. I'll take one if available. steve4magic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah size is 23 inches, accurate to measurements of real Kirk masks. Martin doesn't have the mold anymore, not sure who he sold it to

      Delete
    2. I'm ernie I'm looking for a blank my contact info is cabreraernest@yahoo.com

      Delete