Saturday, February 4, 2023

My Part 8 Mask (Slightly Updated)

Every so often I make some minor modifications to my own masks that only I care about. So here it is! I recently trimmed a bit of the perimeter off my part 8 mask so that it's a little closer to the movie mask.

While my mask is accurate to what I remember when I saw it in person, I've been tempted to just sand it down and repaint the whole thing now that we have these astonishing Prop Store photos to use as reference. Your memory only goes so far. I didn't even realize, for example, that the straps are brown, rather than black until I saw the recent auction photos, or that the black weathering looks a little cloudier on the movie mask.


3 comments:

  1. I don't do mask commissions sorry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d put a coat of gloss lacquer on it and then just slightly go over that with a scotch brite to dull it down and give the finish a bit of age. It would have a much more accurate finish to it.

    ReplyDelete