Friday, June 14, 2019

Updates to my H40

I was a little dissatisfied with my ToTS H40 mask, so I made some enhancements recently. It made me realize that they likely went over-the-top with the weathering on the movie mask so that it popped on camera. I used three-tone weathering on this (thin black washes, raw sienna and a reddish brown mix). My only regret is that I didn't start with the proper dry brushing technique, but oh well. I will on the next one. Pretty happy with this now!
Above is a comparison--left is latest iteration, right is before the additional weathering. It looked cool but it just didn't "pop" like the movie mask.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need my H78/H40 Masks rehauled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The extra weathering really helped. I've had similar issues with some of my hockey masks. I go through days of work to get the most film accurate detail I am capable of, and then it doesn't translate properly in photographs. It's a pain, but you ended up with something pretty great in the end.

    ReplyDelete